Sunday, March 13, 2016

Getting what you pay for

http://www.purdonspropainting.com


When you are in need of anything, just anything in general, you always look for some sort of a bargain. At least I know I do, and the majority of the people I know, do as well. Be it shopping, going out to eat, hiring a contractor, or a company to receive service from, and so forth. You and I alike, look for the most reasonably priced, what-ever-the-heck it is, to save us money. Yet after everything is said and done, if you took the cheap route, chances are, you are not going to be happy with the results. When I'm hungry, and need a quick fix, I go to McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, or some other fast food joint, and blow money on garbage food. However, after I finish eating, if I can actually finish the food, I end up regretting my choice. That just about goes with any thing I choose, when it is the cheap way out. The reason for name brand items is not "the money" quite like everyone would like to think, but it's about quality. Name brand items are usually made a great deal better than most other brands exact same items, which is why it has gotten to be a name brand in the first place, because of the quality, or just simply because it's better. You don't go to McDonald's to buy a T-bone steak, nor do you go to Wal Mart to buy Nike or Reebok shoes, or to buy Banana Republic clothing for that matter. Nope, you go to Wal Mart to get Route 66, or Wranglers, because they are cheap. However, is that really your safest and best bet when having your home or your vehicle worked on? Not really. So why try to search for the cheapest contractor in the city to provide you services? Chances are, you will be getting exactly what you pay for....which is, cheap service. I know that I don't have hundreds of dollars lying around to just throw into having work done on my home that isn't going to last, or even work properly. I am going to go with a company that I know is going to provide incredible service. Because I'd rather purchase service once every 10 years or so, than every year or 2. If you have a painting contractor coming over to bid on your home, and he just simply throws a low number out there without giving specifics as to why he is bidding so low, other than to win the job, or why it will cost less going with them, then you may want to watch out choosing that company. If they can't offer quality, or more value with their service, then ask yourself if they are the right choice, regardless how cheap. Because we've already established that cheap is not always the way to go, especially when it counts the most. I have dealt with a lot of homeowners/customers that thought everyone can paint, and that it literally should be inexpensive to paint their entire interior, and or exterior. Well, in my opinion, any body can slap paint on a wall, but only an experienced painter, with good customer service, and their best interests in mind, knows how to do it right, in terms of appearance, and durability. So, next time you are looking for a painting contractor to bid your home, don't look for the cheapest contractor in town, and worry solely about pricing. It may cost you less in the long run, and the job will end up being a great deal better, not only with the look, but with the quality of how long it will last, and how well it will hold up. So, when choosing a company for work on your home, do your research, and remember cheap is not always best. I once heard that it's better to have a little of great stuff than a lot of junk. Thanks for reading, and until next time, Happy Painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment